These are some of the reasons patients choose Dr. Getelman for their Orthopedic care.
- He is double board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, the Board responsible for evaluating the training of Orthopedic surgeons.
- He is consistently recognized by his colleagues and by both the orthopedic and lay communities for his professional experience, surgical skill, and state-of-the-art techniques. He has been designated a Master Arthroscopist and has received the LA Super Doctor Distinction for many years.
- He is a leader in the field of Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery as evidenced by the many published journal articles, textbook chapters, meeting presentations, and arthroscopic surgery courses he teaches for other Board-Certified Orthopedic surgeons. He has developed and edited three Maintenance of Certification AANA Examinations taken by other Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons to keep their certification.
- He is on faculty of the SCOI Sports Medicine Division and serves as the Co-Director of the highly acclaimed Sports Medicine Fellowship Training Program, where he has the privilege of teaching and mentoring the next generation of Sports Medicine surgeons.
- Dr. Getelman has distinguished himself in his academic training and clinical practice for over a twenty-year career. He cares for patients with a superior level of care and expertise that has led to success.
- He has performed thousands of arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgeries with successful functional results and an impeccable safety record.
- He did residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at the Boston University Medical Center, one of the top residency programs in the country. During his residency training, he scored in the 99th percentile nationally on the Orthopedic In-Training Exam.
- He graduated in the top quartile of his class from the University of Florida College of Medicine and he graduated with magna cum laude honors from Tulane University, where he majored in biology with departmental honors and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- He is a leader and has served on the Board of Directors of the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the highly selective American Shoulder and Elbow Society. Board certified Orthopedic surgeons are eligible for membership after meeting rigorous requirements for patient safety, surgical experience and continuing education.
- He is a highly trained and skilled Los Angeles area Orthopedic Surgeon who is committed to the highest level of excellence and achieving the best possible results for his patients.
Request a consultation online or call us at (805) 367-8888. You can also view patient testimonials to better understand why so many people choose him for their arthroscopic and minimally invasive sports medicine surgery.